Here's a message we don't hear often enough: BE EPIC! As women, we hear all sorts of messages; Have straight hair, Have long lashes, Have no wrinkles, Have big boobs, Have this and that thing that will MAKE you what you need to be in order to be fabulous. But I am here to tell you that what you need in order to be fabulous is... YOU You, just as you are. You with messy hair and noread more
- scrap quilt
- Page 1 of 3 ( posts )
This is the beginning of the new Let's Book It project that I shared a hint about.
The book is an older one....Awash with Color by Judy Turner. On the left you can see my foundation pieces that I cut for the string piecing. I am using some very old, very thin men's shirting fabric I was "gifted" with a while back. I figured there was no reason to let it go to waste.
Taking a break from the feather quilting, I used some string piecing as a little therapy. I am using a 6 1/2 ...
Woo!!! It's March, the heat's back on (after three weeks, brrr!), and the Sun is shinin'! Now what could be better than that?? I know what!! Another Sew My Stash 2015 Throwdown!! You haven't seen me here for awhile, 'cause it was too cold to sit next to the window, without heat, and type. But that doesn't mean that I didn't accomplish anything during February! No, I and my handy dandy sit-uponread more
Colorful wings in blue, pink, rose, purple, turquoise, and yellow are made with strings of fabric blended by value. Here is the post where I discussed the blending.
The triangular wings are different sizes,too. The purple one is my favorite one......or maybe the turquoise?
I finished off a couple of mini-bolts to complete this one. A darker green backing, the lighter green for the border and ...
Work in Progress.
After doing all that my bin that I keep the 2 ½" squares in was overflowing so I decided to spend a little time sewing some of them together.
I managed to stay busy.....taxes are done, and helped Sir Old Man with the final paper work for his Dad, which has gone surprisingly smooth. I also spent a long day re-vamping supply lists, and handouts for a watercolor workshop I will be doing.
Quilting and binding on a Habitat for Humanity quilt is done! I mentioned this earlier I know ...
The votes are overwhelmingly in favor of a tutorial for the Calico Rose quilt. And, as this blog is about to pass the milestone of five years of existence, a quilt along might be a good way to celebrate!
Let’s do this!
First, I have a few more questions–would you like to create a full bed quilt or a throw? The Calico Rose pictured here is 49 blocks and finishes at 96″ square. That is a big quilt. And a lot of pieces–about 2500 of them. Trust me. I know this is a lot. However, we could ...read more
I am not starting this project right away....but thought I would share my sleuthing on this.
This pin is all over Pinterest....with no info or original source. It is bright and colorful, yet the photo is sort of misleading. It's a zig-zag pattern, but exactly what block was used? I had to figure out the pattern.
So the detective in me emerged and I began to use my special quilt block vision........
2+4=6.......that is what I needed! A six patch unit to turn into a rail fence variation.
|Rail Fence variation using EQ7|
This is one of those 'What-to-make-when-you-can't-think-of-what-to-make' quilts. It will take a long afternoon/evening. You'll need batik fabric scraps, thread, and a campy Star Trek movie starring Benedict Cumberbatch.
Step 2: Extract random long strips, at least 12 of them. 1-2" wide is good. A few additional short strips are okay, too.
Step 3. At an ironing board or a wider surface, with a non-stick appliqué sheet ... read more
In our last post, we wove batik scrap strips into a fun and fast quilt, with the help of a hokey Star Trek movie (redundant) starring Benedict Cumberbatch, or BC as we call him to save bytes. Yesterday, on Valentine's Day, my Facebook feed informed me that BC wed, so we send him and Mrs. C congratulations, if not the actual quilt.
Like BC, weaving is highly addictive, and I had more batik strips in my scrap pile, so I started another one. Using the approach in the last post, I wove and lightly glued the strips at intersections ...