- Page 1 of 1 ( posts )
Stash report, January:
fabric in: 4 yards, $15.50
fabric out: 18-5/8 yards
net reduction: 14-5/8 yards
Considering that I was out of town, not sewing, for nine days this month I accomplished a lot in January:
* three flimsies finished
* two flimsies created
* four flimsies sold
Here are nine 6.5" (unfin) Snail's Trail blocks for the February Block Lotto. I've wanted to make these blocks and ... read more
The border fabric is an imitation woodblock print that I got years and years ago.
The flimsy is approx. 58 x 69 and used 3-1/2 yards.
I used the border fabric once before (photo is dated May, 2008).
(Now that I've found this picture, I think I'd like to make it again. It uses 3.5" unfin 9-patches.)
I had a productive quilting week, as I shared in the two previous posts. I appreciate the many comments on both Blue Coins and Postage Stamp Stars.
Last Monday I showed the 9-patch blocks on my design wall. They are made from 2" squares and thus are 5" unfin/4.5" fin. I was pretty sure I would set them alternately with hourglass blocks. I made a sample. I was not excited.
I did a Google images search for "nine patch quilts" and Bonnie Hunter's Dancing Nines came up. It was just what I wanted. Click here to see ...
I've been busy trying to become better friends with Fiona, my new Innova. Two more tops have been quilted.
First up is a QOV mystery quilt-along from last summer that Alycia hosted. The quilt was designed by Vicki Welsh. The quilt called for five fabrics but I was determined to use only fabric from my stash. So, here's my scrappy version of the Allegiance quilt along which I'm calling Stars of Valor. It still needs binding.